It’s time to legalise cannabis. It’s time to change the laws so that Australian adults can responsibly possess and grow small quantities of cannabis at home without fear of persecution.
It’s time to end a prohibition that has not succeeded in denting demand or supply. It’s time the 36% of Australians who have accessed this plant were not classed as criminals.
Why should we legalise cannabis? Here a few simple answers:
- Because this important change will reduce harm across the community, particularly for young people and First Nations and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia.
- Because this important change will save money by reducing the costs of law enforcement.
- Because this important change will promote consumer safety by taking cannabis off the black market and out of the hands of crime syndicates.
- Because it’s time Australia reaped the economic and social benefits of lawful cannabis consumption.
A majority of ordinary Australians support a regulated cannabis market where adults who consume cannabis are treated as adults – not criminals. Cannabis is already lawful in the Australian Capital Territory. It’s now time for the rest of Australia to catch up and to get in step with community sentiment!
Most leading economies around the world agree: there is a safer way of regulating cannabis. That is why the Legalise Cannabis Party has introduced Bills in the state parliaments of Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia to make this legislative change.
And soon the Victorian Parliament is going to debate the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Amendment (Regulation of Personal Adult Use of Cannabis) Bill which will:
- Allow adult personal possession of small quantities of cannabis;
- Allow adults to grow up to six cannabis plants at home;
- Allow adult consumption of cannabis (but not in a public place);
- Allow adults to gift a small quantity of cannabis; and
- Prevent children under the age of 18 from accessing cannabis.
But to secure this change, we need loud voices of support.
Throw your support behind this modern approach to cannabis regulation. It will reduce harm, save money and align our cannabis laws with community opinion and the modern approach globally.
Send your Premier a direct email of support to make change happen now.