Rachel Payne’s social media pages are managed by her electorate office staff.
These pages are a place where the community can express their views or ask questions about the work of Rachel Payne MLC, as well as issues relevant to residents of Victoria.
Views expressed by anyone other than Rachel Payne MLC does not reflect the views of her or Legalise Cannabis Victoria. Ms Payne is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of information posted by other users.
By using or accessing our social media pages, you agree to comply with each platform’s Terms and Conditions.
List of Rachel Payne’s Official Pages
All pages are monitored Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm AEST/AEDT, excluding public holidays and between Christmas and New Year’s Day. All dates and times are based on Victoria, Australia. If you need to get in touch with us outside these times, please send us a direct message.
We invite you to make your voice heard in a respectful way that is relevant to the work of Rachel Payne MLC.
For our social media pages to remain an open and inviting place to be heard, we maintain discretion to hide or remove posts and comments that we consider to be inappropriate. This includes language and materials that are:
- offensive or abusive, including those that are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist, ableist, classist or sexually inappropriate
- stigmatising towards people who use drugs
- harassing, threatening or attacking other social media users or page moderators
- promoting any personal, professional, or political interests
- attacks on foreign governments
- an infringement of intellectual property rights – please respect and acknowledge original creators when sharing content
- spam, advertisements, polls or petitions of any kind
- revealing personal details of any other individual, such as email addresses, physical addresses or phone numbers
- unlawful content, including those prohibited by court order or that violate privacy laws
- comments that do not relate to the work of Rachel Payne MLC
- a violation of a social media platform’s terms and conditions.
The Office of Rachel Payne MLC reserves the right to block or ban any user that breaches these guidelines.
We follow other social media pages relevant to our work at our discretion. Being followed by Rachel Payne MLC does not imply endorsement of any kind.
Posts, Replies and Direct Messages
Provided that your question doesn’t violate the posting rules, we will aim to respond within 48 hours, excluding weekends and public holidays.
Sometimes we may need to do further investigation before we can get back to you with a definitive response, which might require a longer time frame. We will still aim to respond within the 48-hour time frame to let you know if this is the case.
Queries from constituents will be given priority. If you reside in the electorate of South-Eastern Metropolitan Region, please let us know your postcode so we can verify that you are a constituent.
The Office of Rachel Payne MLC may record any personal information submitted to our social media pages and use that information for the purpose of administering the pages, considering and/or addressing any comments made, where there is a breach or security incident, or where required by law. Users’ personal information will only be used consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will not make any further attempts to identify individuals except where authorised or required by law.
To protect your privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as phone numbers, email addresses, or other personal information in publicly visible comments or posts on our pages.
Threats of violence towards Rachel Payne MLC or her staff will be passed on to the Parliament of Victoria security team for investigation.